Pages

Friday 8 August 2014

Pore Strips Pros & Cons

Friday 8 August 2014

There are many people who like to use pore strips whether they're from Biore or homemade. I haven't had much luck in making the gelatin pore strips work, but I have to say that I do love the Biore strips. However recently I have discovered a few negative results from using these strips and wanted to share my pros and cons!

Pros
About a year ago I remember seeing this in my bathroom (that had been sitting there for ages!) and thought I'd give it another go. I used them on my nose where I started to notice blackheads and oh did it do wonders! If you've tried these you know that they can be a little gross, but in the end it really feels nice the pull out all of the dirt out of your pores. You know that it's working because you can actually see the blackheads on the strips when you pull them off (the gross part!). My pores look smaller and I love the feeling of smooth skin without all the blackheads.

Cons
So I have made a recent discovery which I'm not loving. Usually I only use the nose strips, but thought I'd get some other ares of my face as well (bad choice!). I used one of these face strips (not on my nose) where I haven't before, and the next day I started to break out. It's not usually a problem area for me so it had to have been the pore strips. My advice would be that yes they are great! But if you don't need to use them, then don't. It will probably end up making your skin worse so don't risk it. I recommend these but use them carefully!




7 comments:

  1. I love your blog!!! I followed you on Bloglovin and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow on GFC!!!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use pore strips all the time, and for some reason i stopped... Then when i recently started using them again, they did absolutely nothing for me! :(
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same thing happen to me! I don't know if this is the best way to make it work, but it's been working for me. I only use a little makeup remover wipe and use it, then wash my face after I take off the strip. The strips pick up a lot more, Just a suggestion!

      Delete
  3. Hello! :) I would love it if you wanted to join my giveaway :) All you have to do is leave a comment on the post! If not, sorry to bother you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post!

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried pore strips a few times but I don't get results that are noticeable enough x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try a little foundation and don't use your cleanser before using the strips!

      Delete

Hello Song © 2014